I did not move well as a child; I did not crawl and I was not particularly active, preferring to read. My natural posture and movement began causing me pain and issues from 9 when I started wearing orthotics and had braces and teeth pulled as a teenager so I understand the struggle of body discomfort.
When I began yoga at 15 it helped enormously, but without proper anatomical understanding I fell into bad yoga habits of hyper mobility and extension patterns causing different pain. This led to my addiction of learning the body’s bio-mechanics (particularly walking and breath) and neurological functions. 20 years on, I’ve taught 1000’s of people, run many yoga holidays and I am always learning.
Fundamentally, each body needs a personalised balanced movement and breath practice to navigate lifes challenges.
I have seen miraculous changes in my clients:
- chronic pain / sore joints disappearing
- increased energy
- unexplained skin issues/eczema clear up
- proper sleep for the first time in years
- reduced anxiety / improved mental health/increased confidence and wellbeing
Certification history (ongoing)
- Postural Restoration Institute – Pelvis Restoration
- Postural Restoration Institute – Myokinematic Restoration
- Postural Restoration Institute – Postural Restoration
- Postural Restoration Institute – Cervical Revolution
- Gary Ward’s Anatomy in Motion ‘Foot & Gait’ training (2 x weekly immersion + 200 hrs online)
- Closed Chain Biomechanics of Lower Leg AIM Certificate
- Foot Function Instructor
- Gait Guru Certification from Gait Happens
- Natural Bodies Yoga Anatomy course with Gary Carter 2007 x 2 (150 + hrs)
- Foundation & Level 1 Somatic Movement Training
- Fascial and Common Injuries Dissection certificate x 2
- Every Breath you take, Anatomy Trains live dissection
- Functional breathing Instructor FMS
- Conscious Breathing Instructor
- Oxygen Advantage Advanced Instructor
- British School of Yoga Hatha Teacher Training Diploma (100hrs)
- Intelligent Yoga monthly workshops with Pete Blackaby (approx 100 hours)
- Certified Yoga Teacher by the International Sivananda Organisation (Trained in India) (200hrs)
- The Minded Institute professional training for managing anxiety within yoga
- Subtle Yoga training course at The Yoga Junction
- Birthlight Perinatal Training (Pregnancy Yoga) & Michele Odent’s Doula Training
Other relevant training
- Science of Happiness Course
- Acupressure massage level 1
- Landmark Education training
- Ongoing personal study of herbal medicine, eastern philosophy, natural heath.
- I am also heavily influenced by PRI, AiM, & Thomas Hanna’s Somatics.
Having had 2 girls I also have a keen understanding of pregnancy and post natal yoga and really enjoy helping women at this time in their lives.
I aim to empower each person to understand their own movement, breath and relaxation, tools for life.
Mindful movement has helped me so much in my life I love to pass on what I have studied over the last 20 years.